Main research interests :
- French-German Defence Cooperation
- German Foreign and Security Policy
- France and Germany in CSDP and NATO
- Nordic countries' security policies, notably Sweden's
- Nordic-Baltic security issues
- Member of the steering committee OSCE Network of Think Tanks and Academic Institutions
Barbara Kunz has been research fellow at Cerfa since April 2015.
She holds a PhD from Stockholm University/Sweden and a Master's degree from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris. Before joining Cerfa, she spent several years working for the Centre for Baltic and East European Studies (Stockholm, Sweden), Bertelsmann Stiftung (Gütersloh, Germany) and Genshagen Foundation (Genshagen close to Berlin, Berlin) respectively. Barbara moreover stayed at the Center for Transatlantic Relations/Johns Hopkins University in Washington DC as well as at the Centre for International Affairs in Warsaw as a visiting fellow.
Languages (for e.g. media requests): English, German, French, Swedish
The French president’s speech on ambitious EU reform met politely raised eyebrows in Germany as Berlin struggles to build a new government. Any other day, a two-hour plea from the French president for a stronger European Union would have sent politicians in Germany rushing for the nearest mic....