The research of the program revolves around the following themes:
(1) Social and economic mutations of Africa
- The middle-class emergence and its consumption pattern
- African cities and the urbanization of the continent
- The competition for land
- The State evolution and governance issues
(2) Africa in international relations
- The traditional partners’ African policies (France, United Kingdom…)
- The emerging partners’ African policies (China, Turkey, Brazil)
- Governance and geopolitics of the extractive sector
(3) Security matters
- Security situation in Sahel
- Trafficking economies
Consult this page (French only) to get on to our latest publications
The Sub-Saharan Africa program and its Associate Fellows are accustomed to sharing their expertise with the media. Our experts mainly speak French, but they can also intervene in English. Consult our researchers’ geographic and thematic specialties on their profile.
Find out about Afrique Décryptages, the blog of the Ifri Sub-Saharan Africa Center.
This blog is an information space on the program's activities. On these pages you will find our publication announcements, conference reports, as well as web links to our researchers’ lectures in the media. This blog is also a place for the program researchers to express themselves, and you will regularly find their points of view and original analysis on topical subjects in short formats meant to spark debate.
Follow us on Twitter @AfriDecryptages
На данный момент нет содержимого, классифицированного этим термином.