The Biden administration in turmoil Hybrid Conference
Less than a year after taking office, the Democratic President is not unanimous within his own party, and the man who once emerged as a consensual figure and the repairer of an American society deeply polarized under Trump, has a hard time convincing the general opinion.
Internal discordances around socio-economic issues have contributed to weakening the image of the Biden administration. The French Institute of International Relations is organizing an afternoon of debates on Thursday, December 9, with a first panel that will address the difficulties faced by the country’s two major political parties, and a second one built around issues of American economic power and trade policy, for the French and European public at Ifri.
The public will be able to attend the conference by videoconference or face-to-face within the limits of available places.
The first panel will be held in English and the second in French, without translation.
3:00 P.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Domestic Policy Panel : Swirls within the Democratic and Republican Parties
- Chair: François Clemenceau, International Editor-in-chief, Journal du Dimanche
- Amy Porter, National Communication Officer, Democrats Abroad France : What prospects for Democrats in 2022 and 2024?
- Will Marshall, President of the Progressive Policy Institute (PPI) : How to reconcile moderates and radicals within the Democratic Party?
- Karlyn Bowman, Distinguished Senior Fellow, American Enterprise Institute (AEI) : The evolutions of the Republican Party
5:00 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
Economy Panel : Where does the U.S. trading partner stand ?
- Chair: Laurence Nardon, Head of the North America Program at Ifri (French Institute of International Relations)
- Christophe Blot, Deputy Director, Forecasts and Analysis Department at OFCE : The state of US economy
- Elvire Fabry, Senior Research Fellow at Institut Jacques Delors : The Biden administration's trade policy
- Vincent Vicard, Deputy Director at CEPII : The tax reform of multinationals
- Benoît Tabaka, Director of Institutional Relations and Public Policy at Google France : The evolution of GAFA's business model
Access to Ifri on presentation of the health pass in digital or paper form.
Pour vous inscrire et pour toute information, veuillez contacter Catherine Naiker : firstname.lastname@example.org