Associate Research Fellow at the Austro-French Centre for Rapprochement in Europe (ÖFZ)
- European strategic autonomy
- European Political Community
- Enlargement of the European Union
- Western Balkans (security, democracy, Russian and Chinese influences)
- Geopolitics of critical raw materials supply
Florent Marciacq is an Associate Research Fellow at the Austro-French Centre for Rapprochement in Europe (ÖFZ). His current research focuses on the national approaches to European strategic autonomy, with an emphasis on Central European perspectives, the politics of enlargement, security in the Western Balkans and the geopolitics of the green-tech transition.
Florent Marciacq holds a PhD in political sciences from the University of Vienna and Luxembourg. He is Secretary General of the Austro-French Centre for Rapprochement in Europe, a coordinator of the Pezinok Group on Strategic Autonomy and EPC strategic dialogues track-2 initiative and a Member of the International Advisory Committee of the Belgrade Security Conference.