Energy & Climate Policies of France Going Forward
Fatih Birol, Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), makes 5 key recommendations for the future of French energy & climate policies to foster energy security and achieve climate objectives:
- Take a decision on the electricity generation mix, which must rely on renewable energy technologies and nuclear to stay low-carbon.
- Accelerate energy efficiency, especially in buildings and the industrial sector.
- Track the implementation of climate policies thanks to more governmental staff, coordinated under the office of the PM.
- Align research strategy with new technologies investment plan, in nuclear, hydrogen and renewables.
- Develop rare earth elements processing capacity and critical minerals production.