RAMSES 2019. The Clashes of the Future RAMSES 2019, September 2018
RAMSES 2019. The Clashes of the Future, written by Ifri's research team and external experts, offers an in-depth and up-to-date analysis of global geopolitics.
- In the opening section of RAMSES 2019, "Perspectives", Thierry de Montbrial, founder and Executive Chairman of Ifri, provides an analysis of the state of global affairs.
- Three main questions are treated in the second section, "Trois enjeux pour 2019" :
- Demography: aging, urbanization, migration, climate change: how to bring together 9 billion people on one planet?
- China: economy, diplomacy, military, energy, technology: what are the strengths and the weaknesses of this new power?
- Iran/Saudi Arabia: opened on several fronts, how could the conflict between these two Middle Eastern powers degenerate?
- The third section, Le Monde en questions, offers a thorough study of recent conflicts, strategies, and important international negotiations.
- The final section, Les Repères, presents a mix of statistics, timelines and original maps.
RAMSES 2019 also includes 8 videos featuring Ifri researchers providing concise analysis of the most critical issues in international affairs.