Ifri - Guiti News Partnership : A Franco-Refugee Perspective on Immigration and Asylum Contemporary Developments
This partnership responds to the following objectives:
- Offering a complementary approach to asylum and immigration issues;
- Shedding light on initiatives carried out by actors in the field of immigration and asylum to a wider audience;
- Supporting an innovative media, Guiti News, and its activities.
Guiti News is an online media that produces videos and reports carried out in pairs by a French and a refugee journalist, enabling to cross their perspectives for a more grounded, complex, and consistent approach on issues related to immigration and asylum. Guiti News journalists work in full autonomy and freely decide their editorial take on the topics proposed by Ifri's Observatory on Immigration and Asylum.
- Associations : inclure les personnes exilées, le défi de la rencontre (26 March 2020 - Content available in French), Maïa Courtois and Gaspard Njock
Several NGOs are increasingly involving refugees as volunteers in services' implementation and for advocacy activities. It’s about hearing and sharing but these NGOs should also be aware of power dynamics and cautious not to impose specific tasks on them against their will. Volunteering activities cannot be decorative. How to do “for and with” refugees and other people on the move?
- « Crise des réfugiés » : la réussite de la réinstallation en monde rural (14 October 2019 - Content available in French), Mortaza Behboudi and Nina Gheddar
“We could not let people die at our borders”. Since 2016, Uzerche, a small town in rural Corrèze, is welcoming Syrian resettled families. Without any naivety, members of the community and refugees are telling us the pathway to integration in rural areas, underlining the positive aspects as well as the difficulties linked to remoteness in urban areas, notably in access to health services.