RAMSES 2020. A World without a Compass? RAMSES 2020, September 2019
RAMSES 2020. A World without a Compass?, written by Ifri's research team and external experts, offers an in-depth and up-to-date analysis of geopolitics in today’s world.
- In "Perspectives", the opening section of RAMSES 2020, Thierry de Montbrial, founder and Executive Chairman of Ifri, provides an analysis of the state of global affairs.
- Three main questions are treated in the second section, "Trois enjeux pour 2020" :
- Dangerous Seas: trade, under-sea cables, energy flows, military maneuvers, environmental risks… – from Asia to the Middle East, seas are new spaces of maneuvering and confrontation by all players of an interconnected, globalized world.
- Latin America’s Meltdown: What future for a Latin America, battered by "leftist" experiments and "rightist" populism, shaken by immigration, destroyed by drug trafficking and confronted with an unpredictable neighbor?
- Does Multilateralism Have a Future?: international trade, disarmament, sanctions, environment… – how to save a multilateralism under pressure from major powers in all directions? In what forms and through which institutions?
- The third section, Le Monde en questions, offers a thorough study of recent conflicts, strategies, and important international negotiations.
- The final section, Les Repères, presents a mix of statistics, timelines and original maps.
RAMSES 2020 also includes 8 videos featuring Ifri researchers providing concise analysis of the most critical issues in international affairs.